Within school teacher
The purpose of the within school teacher is to promote best teaching practice and strengthen the use of an inquiry approach to teaching and learning, in order to achieve the shared achievement challenges.
The role provides a dedicated point of reference for teachers as they address problems of practice in order to lift student achievement.
Within school teachers draw on a range of professional resources and adapt what they do to meet students’ needs and strengths. They work with other teachers (including those from other members of their Community of Learning) to help identify and respond to challenges in practice, and support the Community of Learning’s objectives.
Allowances and allocation
We provide the employing board with:
- 0.08 full-time teacher equivalent release time. This will appear on the school’s staffing entitlement notice.
- A $400 per year induction and networking allowance is paid as part of the operations grant.
Allowances are made on a pro-rata basis if an appointee is in a role for less than one year.
Prerequisites for the role
Applicants for the within school teacher role will have:
- employment as a teacher in the school
- a current practising certificate
- recent teaching experience relevant to the role
- met professional standards relevant to their current position.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback