Financial declaration for early learning services
Services are required to submit an annual financial declaration relating to the previous financial year, before 30 June each year. This is a condition of their Ministry funding, and assures the Ministry that the funding is being spent appropriately.
The following services are required to complete the declaration but are exempt from sending the Ministry audited financial reports:
- services that have not completed a full financial year of operation, or
- services with a total Ministry income of $80,000 (including GST) or less for the full financial year. This threshold includes targeted funding.
The Ministry requires the following information:
- completed and signed declaration form for each licence number
- audited financial statements
- independent auditor’s report, completed by a member of the Chartered Accountants Aus and NZ (CAANZ), or CPA Australia Limited
- details of how the Equity Funding was used. Equity funding is any Equity Funding, Support Grants for Provisionally Registered Teachers and Annual Top-Up for Isolated Services (ATIS). The format given in the declaration form should be used to provide this information.
To check if an auditor is a CAANZ member, go to the Chartered Accountants website (external link) or call 0800 469 422, or to check if and auditor is a CPA member go to CPA Australia Limited (external link) or call 1300 73 73 73 (within Australia) or +61 3 9606 9677 (outside of Australia)
Funding may be Suspended
The Ministry may suspend funding if services:
- do not meet the reporting deadline of 30 June
- do not send all the required documents to the Ministry
- financial statements are not audited by a member of CAANZ, or
- financial statements do not meet the Ministry’s reporting requirements.
Where to Send the Audited Financial Statements
Post the required documentation to:
Ministry of Education
PO Box 1666
or fax to (04) 463 8374.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback