Early Childhood Advisory Committee (ECAC)
ECAC is an important part of the Ministry’s relationship with the sector. The purpose of ECAC is to foster a relationship between Government and the early learning sector to achieve common goals.
The committee is made up of representatives from early learning sector organisations.
Membership of the committee
The Ministry of Education invites early learning organisations to become members of the committee. The organisations then nominate a representative.
The organisations represented on the committee are:
- Barnardos New Zealand
- Christian Early Childhood Education Association of Aotearoa
- Early Intervention Association of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Early Childhood Council
- Early Childhood Leadership
- Home Early Learning Organisation
- Hospital Play Specialists Association
- Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand
- NZEI Te Riu Roa
- New Zealand Home-based Early Childhood Education Association
- New Zealand Kindergartens Inc.
- Playcentre Federation of New Zealand
- Pasifika Advisory Group
- Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust
- Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu - The Correspondence School
- Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand
- The Federation of Rudolf Steiner Waldorf Schools in New Zealand
ECAC meets 4 times a year at the Ministry of Education offices in Wellington. As well as the committee, the meetings are attended by Ministry of Education staff and observers from other education agencies.
The meetings allow organisations to:
- share information
- give feedback on proposals by the Government, the Ministry and other government agencies
- talk about difficulties and opportunities facing the sector
- identify and discuss strategic challenges and opportunities.
Minutes and information from past meetings
Read the minutes from past meetings.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback