Vote Education 2017
Budget 2017 provides additional operating investment of $1.07 billion and capital investment of $392.4 million over 4 years. This investment brings the amount of funding in Vote Education up to $11.61 billion in the 2017/18 fiscal year.
- Vote Education Budget 2017 highlights
- Key figures for Vote Education Budget 2017
- Vote Education initiatives summary
Vote Tertiary Education 2017
$132.1 million will be invested across the tertiary education sector over the next 4 years through Budget 2017. This investment is part of the wider Innovative New Zealand package of initiatives (external link) , through which $372.8 million will be invested over the next 4 years in science, skills, tertiary education and economic development to build a stronger economic future for New Zealand.
More information about the Family Incomes Package, including increased support to better reflect the cost of housing for students, is on MSD's Studylink website:
- Budget changes from 1 April 2018 (external link)
- Accommdation benefit rate changes from 1 April 2018 (external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback