Adobe software for schools
Find out how to get Adobe software for your school, who can use it, how to get help installing it, and how to learn to use it.
What software is available
Adobe Spark and Creative Cloud apps allow students to create images, graphics, illustrations, layouts, web pages, and video stories for class projects of all types.
The apps can be used by teachers in a range of year levels and subject areas including computer technology, maths, geography and science.
Adobe Spark allows the creation of beautiful graphics, web pages, and video stories in minutes. Adobe Spark is free for schools.
Adobe Spark for web and mobile makes it easy to create social graphics, web pages and short videos. With Spark, available as a stand-alone subscription or as part of an Adobe Creative Cloud plan, you get full access to premium templates and Adobe Fonts.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud helps students develop their critical thinking and creative problem solving.
Students can learn how to communicate digitally using Images, Video, Websites, and Animation, in addition to developing applications. The software is used widely in a range of commercial settings.
Creative Cloud offers hassle-free administration, education pricing, and licensing options to fit your school needs.
Features of the Adobe Spark or Creative Cloud licence
Adobe provides a simple portal to manage apps and licenses. You can assign apps across your department, or entire school, and reassign licenses when students graduate.
Device licenses are available for labs and classrooms and named-user licenses for staff and students using their own devices.
Creative Cloud Desktop Apps for multi-user lab machines
- Complete set of Creative Cloud desktop apps.
- Device licenses for each computer, rather than each user, with rights to install on one computer per license, which is useful for computer labs where multiple users could share one computer.
- Scalable software deployment.
- Minimum purchase of 25 licenses per school (Australian dollars $825*).
- Flexible license terms.
Creative Cloud All Apps for staff and students
- Complete set of Creative Cloud apps and services (with age appropriate restrictions).
- Licenses available for individual student, faculty, and staff.
- Accessible at school or at home with 2 activations per user.
- Tied to School ID login system, so you determine who gets access – SSO with Azure AD and Google are supported amongst others.
- Minimum of 125 users per school (Australian dollars $810*).
- Flexible license terms.
*RRP pricing in Australian dollars correct at time of writing, September 2019.
Access to mobile apps and services
The licence agreement includes access to many mobile apps and services including:
- Acrobat Pro DC
- Adobe XD
- After Effect
- Character Animator
- Media Encoder
- Premiere Pro
- Premiere Rush
Schools covered by the licence agreement
The Adobe Spark is available free of charge for all schools in New Zealand.
Adobe provides discounted Creative Cloud licenses for assignment to staff and students via ‘Named User Licenses’ or to labs via ‘Shared Device Licenses’ to all New Zealand schools.
The licence rights cover all New Zealand state and state-integrated schools as well as individual and private schools.
Duration of the Adobe licence rights
An annual agreement renewed each year according to requirements.
Devices covered by the software
Adobe Spark apps work in a web browser, including on Chromebooks and on iPads with dedicated iOS versions. Creative Cloud mobile apps are available for iOS and Android and Desktop Apps for MacOS and Windows.
How to get Adobe software
Contact your preferred reseller and they can set up an agreement for you with access – all resellers in New Zealand have access to the schools pricing.
Training for Adobe
Camp Adobe provides on-demand workshops, resources and case studies.
Adobe for Teachers shows the Adobe app in action with examples of how it can be applied in the classroom and lesson plans.
The Adobe Education Exchange provides tutorials, lesson plans, and over 10,000 teaching resources. It provides a network for educators around the globe to share ideas for improving outcomes in the classroom.
Every school in New Zealand who’s purchased and Adobe Creative Cloud licenses for the 2019 Academic year is eligible for a complimentary start-up pack which includes access to:
- Adobe Certified Associate LearnKey Courseware — e-learning courseware, interactive online labs and study guides.
- Adobe Certified Associate GMetrix Training Software — in-application training/feedback with student progress dashboards and automated marketing.
- 10x Adobe Certified Associate Exams — the official and internationally recognised Adobe endorsement.
You’ll receive a link to the Start-up Pack with your licence keys, or you can request one.
Help with installation from our ICT HelpDesk
The Ministry's ICT Helpdesk gives free help with installation by phone and email:
Phone: 0800 Call ICT (0800 22 55 42)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback