Student behaviour - help and guidance
- Behaviour services to help schools
- Accessing the Interim Response Fund
- Searching and confiscating student property
- Standdowns, suspensions, exclusions and expulsions
- Gang insignia on school property
- Help returning young people to education from the Justice system
- Seclusion in schools
Services to support teachers and parents to manage children and students with extreme behaviour needs.
The Interim Response Fund is a fund is to keep students engaged in learning following a significantly challenging behavioural event.
Guidelines to assist you to develop an appropriate and practical approach to searching students and confiscating their property.
Guidelines describing the processes for standdowns, suspensions, exclusions and expulsions and help you to act fairly and legally.
Information about the 2013 legislation prohibiting gang insignia on school property, the gang insignia that are covered by this legislation and what your school can do to try to prevent this happening.
Education assessments aiming to return child and youth offenders to school.
Seclusion is not acceptable practice in New Zealand schools.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback