Learning Support Update information release
On Thursday 24 November 2016, the Minister of Education Hon Hekia Parata released the Learning Support Update – Next Steps Cabinet paper.
The Ministry of Education has published the Learning Support Update – Next Steps Cabinet paper and appendices below, which outline our next steps to modernise and improve learning support to make it easy to access, child focused, flexible and better integrated with the wider education sector.
Special education is a major priority for the Ministry and we are working with others to improve the system through the Learning Support (previously Special Education) Update.
We’re looking at the whole education system, including our Ministry of Education responsibilities, from early childhood through to tertiary education.
The Learning Support Update is about putting learners who need support at the heart of everything we do.
Documents and links
The links below provide briefings and advice to the Minister of Education leading to her latest release:
- Cabinet paper: Learning Support Update – Next Steps 21 November 2016 [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Appendix 1 Current state of learning support [PDF, 437 KB]
- Appendix 2 Future state of learning support [PDF, 536 KB]
- Appendix 3 Example of future state of learning support [PDF, 469 KB]
- Appendix 4 Implementation and Engagement Roadmap [PDF, 276 KB]
- Cabinet paper: Strengthening Inclusion and Modernising Learning Support 4 July 2016 [PDF, 895 KB]
- Note to Minister: Strengthening Inclusion and Modernising Learning Support 4 July 2016 [PDF, 402 KB]
- Report to Minister: Special Education Update 16 Nov 2015 [PDF, 16 MB]
- Report to Minister: Special Education Update 23 September 2015 [PDF, 13 MB]
- Report to Minister: Special Education Update 18 June 2015 [PDF, 3.6 MB]
- Report to Minister: Special Education Update 31 March 2015 [PDF, 1.9 MB]
Deletions have been made under the following sections of the Official Information Act 1982
- section 9(2)(a) to protect the privacy of individuals.
- section 9(2)(f)(iv) to maintain constitutional conventions which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials
You can read more about the Learning Support Update here.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback