Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua information releases
Charter, or Partnership schools | Kura Hourua are a type of school in our education system which involves the business sector and community groups in the provision of education.
The Ministry is currently working to implement the Government’s policy to remove the partnership school model from the education system. We are engaging with all existing partnership school sponsors on a case by case basis, to discuss future options with them.
Key documents about Partnership schools have been published here. These include policy development, the Partnership Schools | Kura Hourua Working Group, the Indication of Interest phase, the application and decision-making phase led by the Authorisation Board and decisions made by the Minister of Education.
- Partnership Schools Policy Development
- Partnership Schools Working Group Phase
- Partnership Schools Advice to the Minister: Operations and Reporting
- Application Round 1 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 2 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 3 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 4 - Partnership Schools
- Application Round 5 - Partnership Schools
- Approved Schools
- Advisory Group
- Charter Schools: Process for Removing the Model and Options for Existing Schools (external link)
- Education Amendment Bill 2018 (external link)
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback