Crown entity monitoring
We monitor 3 Crown entities on behalf of the Minister of Education: Education New Zealand, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, and the Tertiary Education Commission.
Our monitoring role
Our monitoring role is mandated through the Crown Entities Act 2004. We're co-monitors with the:
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment for Education New Zealand, and
- Tertiary Education Commission.
Our monitoring is based on a high-trust, no-surprises approach.
We maintain good relations with Crown entities through active and open engagement about:
- financial and non-financial performance
- risks and challenges
- Board appointments.
We provide advice to the Minster of Education and Associate Minsters on:
- quarterly entity performance
- Board appointments
- statutory accountability documents.
The reports are part of the regular information releases on our website.
Our advice is designed to:
- provide assurance to Ministers, and
- support entity-driven continuous improvement.
It's both retrospective and forward-looking, and is strengthened by sharing information with Crown entities.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback