All children aged between 5 and 19 can enrol in a state school if they are a domestic student or an approved exchange student. Check domestic enrolment requirements and using ENROL to update student information.
- Circular 2017/01 Eligibility to enrol, will help you check if a student is eligible to enrol
- There are special critieria for adult students wanting to enrol in mainstream secondary education
- enrolling students, as domestic students, who are living unlawfully in New Zealand
- Go to enrolment schemes (zones) information
ENROL is a register of student enrolments. It lets you update enrolments as students enrol, change schools or leave the school system. Vision and hearing technicians also use ENROL to enter results of vision and hearing tests into the system.
Privacy information for all users of ENROL
School ENROL users
- Contact your school’s ESL (Education Sector Logon) delegated authoriser to have the appropriate role assigned to your ESL account. Or see the setting up your account information (external link) .
- Principal or school administrator ENROL Manual [PDF, 383 KB]
- School Users ENROL Manual [PDF, 2.6 MB]
DHB ENROL users
- Guide to Using ENROL - DHB Users
- Get access to ENROL DHB, Attendance Service or Ministry user access (external link)
- For parents - download the Electronic information about your child [DOCX, 141 KB]
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Give us your feedback